Once again, I will be running the fencing at Birka. I’ll be assisted by Lord Trian and Lady Nuala as my assistants.
This year looks to be a repeat of the last couple years:
- Modified Bear Pit.
- Wounds retained.
- Dead is dead.
- Max of 3(!) rounds before you vacate to let the next pair in.
- Honor Tokens in effect. Three will be issued to you on sign-in. Hand them out to whomever you choose. Each counts as a “Win”.
- Loser(s) report to the MoL.
Some rules to live by:
- We are tight on space. Bring only what you will need. Leave your extra stuff in your room (or a friends room or a friendly merchant).
- Wear non-marking shoes. The floor is wood. Please do not mark it up.
- Tell your friends! The word needs to go out to all fencers going to Birka. Don’t let your friends be “that guy”.
- Fight. Report your loses. Hydrate. THEN get back in line.
- Hydrate more. The air is dry. When in doubt, drink some more.
- Be safe. If you see something unsafe, call it out with a hold or inform a marshal.
- Be courteous. This is a big event with a lot of people. Communicate. Settle any issues on the spot.
- Be KIND. It goes a long way.
Sign up to marshal/volunteer Info:
(Note: If you’re not a marshal and want to volunteer, sign up any way and make a note by your name. You’ll get to direct traffic.)
Sign-ups are CLOSED. See you Saturday morning.