- They must be a member of the SCA, and must maintain membership for the duration of their warrant;
They must be acceptable to the Regional Marshal of the area in which they reside, as well as to the Kingdom Marshal of Fence. Being acceptable to the Regional Marshal and KMoF may include:
- Demonstrating an understanding of the rules and how they are applied;
- Demonstrating the ability to act responsibly and exercise sound judgment;
- Having undergone training in marshalling techniques from one or several warranted marshals;
- Being recommended by a warranted marshal as competent; and
- Any other matters bearing on a candidate’s knowledge, judgment, experience or fitness to be a marshal.
Source: EK Gazette